July 11, 2007

Stupid computer at Melbourne City Library won't let me click/type in the 'Title' box. What's with that...!?

Anyway, hello! I'm in Melbourne now obviously, and in this whirlwind of social events, admin and job-interviews-that-aren't-quite-interviews-but-basically-are-really, today is the first time I've had chance to take a breath. But anyway, I'm here, it's still bloody freezing (by that I mean it's 12 degrees - but it feels a lot colder than a UK 12 degrees) and I feel like like I'm coming down with a cold/man-flu.

It's going great all round so far...got lots of stuff organised (boring stuff like bank account, Medicare, Tax File Number) and have also met with two recruitment agencies and three potential employers. Three potential employers who are all very keen on me and have said things like;

"we'd love to have you here"
"we should be able to create a position for you"
"there aren't many people in the Australian job market with specific experience like yours"

...and have pretty much all indicated (or said straight out) that they'd love to get me on board. Which is fairly fantastic really. So it looks like I'll be able to take a little time over the next few days, take stock, have second interviews etc and then figure out what to do. I think I have a pretty clear leader in my head, but we'll see I guess.

Last night was Locals Night at the (very nice) pub near to Zoe's place, with $12 for pretty much everything on the menu (I had steak). And they have Little Creatures Pale Ale on tap, which is threatening to become my new favourite Aussie beer. Tonight is dinner at nic's, and there will be photographic evidence gathered for certain current & ex-dh people to prove that her bottle of Pinot Grigio Rose made it there safely.

Right, I think I'm running out of Internet time...

No comments: