July 26, 2007

Just a quickie...

It’s been a little while since I’ve written in this thing hasn’t it?

Job hunt is in a state of limbo at the moment – the preferred role has stalled because my would-be boss is currently out of the country (and will be next week as well) but I have the safety net of another offer elsewhere that they’ve agreed to give me extra time to think about. I really do want to start working sooner rather than later as I’ll go crazy if not, but part of me doesn’t necessarily want to dive into the first thing I’m offered. At the very least, I want to know I have a job, even if it doesn’t start for a few weeks. Still hopeful though.

Things are pretty good apart from that. Wish I had a bit more to fill my days sometimes, although I do like ‘wandering around aimlessly’ and once I start working I’ll no doubt wish I had as much free time as I do now. Might go check out the Guggenheim Collection at my gallery today, and go to Queen Vic Markets to get some nice food. Then there are gigs tonight and tomorrow, in addition to the ones Zo and I went to on Sunday or Monday nights. It’s great to get back into live music again.

In other random news:

• A chugger said that I don’t have much of an English accent. I don’t think an Aussie accent is encroaching, so I think she just wasn’t particularly attentive.
• The coffee here is very good. I’m on a quest to find the best ‘long mac’ in town.
• I saw a sign at South Melbourne Market for ‘Atlantic’ fish, with another small sign next to it that added ‘Product of Australia’. I used to think I was quite good at Geography (120/120 on my A Level Coursework), and I can’t seem to remember Australia being particularly near the Atlantic.

No comments: