February 25, 2007

Photos and Forms

Yesterday afternoon I started filling in my form, and came up with the following list of things that Zoe needs to send me:

  • certified copy of her birth cirtificate.
  • certified copy of her Passport
  • full names & dates of birth of all of her immediate family. (Not sure why, but it's on my form that I need to fill in. I know that her Mum's middle name is Edna, but I can't remember the exact dates of everyone's birthdays.)
  • 2 passport-sized photos.
  • A separate written statement/stat dec, detailing "the history of our relationship (for example, when and how you first met, when you started living together, joint activities, significant events in the relationship etc)".
  • Print-outs of any emails, and copies of your parents phone bills where there are calls to me, to prove we've stayed in touch and all that.
  • Print-outs of booking confirmations when we've booked to gone away for weekends together etc
This afternoon I wandered down and got the passport photos I need to provide when I submit the application done. And now I'm worried that I might be showing just a little bit too much tooth for it to be permissable as a Visa photo. But then a certain person takes the piss out of me for not showing my teeth when I smile...

Oh, and I emailed the Australian Immigration lot the other day, and the latest is that the application processing time could take anything between 3 and 12 weeks. I reckon our application will tend towards the lower end of that range, what with us already having had the equivilent Visa over here, but it'll be a case of waiting to see what they say until we get the form in.


No comments: