April 28, 2010

Macarons @byduncan from @EARLCanteen

Twitter is awesome for food geekery amongst other things, and today I learnt via Melbourne Gastronome that  EARL Canteen, a new cafe near Movida Aqui was stocking Macarons made By Duncan. Not only that, it was opening TODAY. Luckily, I was passing through the CBD on my way home and was able to pick some up for dessert.

Currently there are two flavours available - the 'Clancy' [Finger Lime and Dark Chocolate] and the 'Zara' [Passionfruit and White Chocolate]. Both were amazing, and by far the best macarons I've had in Melbourne (blowing Baker D Chirico and Cafe Vue out of the water). S's housemate Fi described the Clancy as "like a sour warhead going off in your mouth" which, quite frankly, I can't top as a description.

Go there.

Posted via email from Ian's New Life Down Under

No comments: